KEE tankering, residential or commercial, save time and money by having kee services desludge and service your treatment plant.
Why KEE Tankering? – did you know . . .
Package Treatment Plants
A package treatment plant is a system which offers varying degrees of biological sewage treatment and involves the production of an effluent which will be disposed of to-ground, via a soak away or direct to a watercourse. There are many varieties of package plant but all involve settling the solids before and/or after a biological treatment stage and all use electricity.
The reason for having the package treatment plant regularly tankered (at least once a year), is to remove this accumulation of settled solids (sludge) in the treatment plant. Failure to do so can result in the following issues:
- Slowly draining sinks, toilets, baths etc.
- Tank covers lifted by overflowing solids
- Backing-up of sewage at the inlet
- Surface flooding “downstream” of the tank. A soakaway blocked with sludge will be expensive to repair/relay.
- Ground movement near the tank or drainage field
- Polluted water in ditch or watercourse, this can result in prosecution by the relevant authorities.
- A smell of sewage in the area
A septic tank is a type of biological sewage treatment system. They may be constructed in brick or blocks, although modern types are pre-formed in reinforced fibreglass. Naturally occurring bacteria break down the solid matter, reducing its volume. The liquid element is discharged usually via effluent drainage systems “soak aways”
As with a Packaged Treatment Plant, the accumulated solids need only be pumped out occasionally, (typically once a year), by a licensed contractor such as KEE Services. Failure to do so can result in the same issues as highlighted under Packaged Treatment Plants.
A cesspool or cesspit is a sealed underground storage tank that retains the sewage until the time of disposal. It may be brick or block construction or manufactured in steel or reinforced fiberglass. These tank need emptying to prevent backing up of the inlet drainage or the tank overflowing. Any spillage / overflowing of sewage can leave you liable to prosecution by the relevant authority.
A Pump Station could serve your property if you are not directly connected to a main sewer system. The sewerage flows to a storage chamber and submersible pumps discharge automatically to the main sewer system.
It is recommended that pump stations are emptied / cleaned occasionally (annually), to remove any solids (nappies, sanitary items etc) and solidified cooking fats and greases. These items if not removed may interfere with the correct operation of the pumping station by blocking the pump or fouling the float switches. This could result in sewage overflowing and your drainage backing up.
KEE Services Tankering
We provide a timely, guaranteed and professional service to empty your wastewater system. It is illegal for anyone, other than a licensed waste disposal contractor such as KEE to empty and dispose of all effluent from package treatment plants, septic tanks, cesspools and pump stations. The waste must be taken to fully recognised and licensed sewerage treatment works. Fines can be substantial if this is not done.
Why KEE Services Tankering?
Reasons why you should choose KEE Services to empty your Wastewater Treatment System.
- You get a completely local service from a nationwide company
- You speak to real people, and will get free advice and help
- You know that the job will be done well by our highly trained and experienced engineers.
- Highly competitive prices, with no supplements, call outs or fuel surcharges.
- 1 call to arrange all your sewage treatment plant needs for the year, servicing and tinkering.
We have been servicing, repairing and emptying wastewater treatment systems for more than 65 years.
Call 01296 634500 now to make a booking and start saving today!
Emergency call-out service is also available.