Engineering Manager Vacancy
Job Title: Engineering Manager
1. Job Details
- Responsible to: Operations Director
- Responsible for: Service Engineers & Service Supervisor
- 0830 – 1700 (1hr unpaid lunch)
- Driving Licence
- Computer Literacy including Microsoft Office & Big Change
- Experience in the waste water treatment/pumping industry with good working knowledge of, KEE and competitors, plant and equipment
Job Summary (key tasks, responsibilities, authorities and accountability):
Overall responsibility for the management of the Service Engineers, ensuring all site works are quoted and completed in a safe, timely manner on budget. Specifically responsible for:
- Ensure all accidents and incidents including ‘near misses’ or H&S concerns are reported and addressed as required, and
- Liaise with Health and Safety Officer to ensure all equipment is maintained/serviced/tested in line with best practice and mandatory requirements (PAT and LOLER testing).
- Implement a Training Programme for all Service Engineers,
- Oversee and provide up to date training for the Service Engineers,
- Conduct staff appraisals and performance management, and
- Approval and monitoring of Engineers timesheets,
- Monitor Engineer productivity (target of 4 jobs/day/engineer),
- Ensure quotes are completed in a timely manner (within 1 week of being uploaded),
- Maintain equipment register (Confined Space/Lifting equipment etc),
- Maintain engineer equipment register on BigChange,
- Maintain & monitor service area in yard, liaising with KEE Process to ensure area clean and tidy,
- Liaise with production/stores/colleagues to ensure parts/labour/tools are available to Service Engineers for required works.
- Make sure any faulty equipment is reported, repaired/replaced as required,
- Ensure any misuse of equipment is appropriately dealt with under company policy,
- Ensure regular stock takes are performed and discrepancies accounted for,
- Liaise with customers and colleagues to deliver service, reactive and remedial work efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Review and update site servicing procedures as required,
- Any other duty as reasonably requested by the Operations Director or Managing Director commensurate with the post.
NOTE: This description is not intended to establish a total definition of the job, but an outline of the duties and responsibilities.